Private Ohrid walking tour
Walking tour is the best way to explore this UNESCO town.
Would you like to be introduced to the main sights of Ohrid ?
This tour gives you the opportunity to explore Ohrid Old town, accompanied by our experienced
and professional tour guide who will be at your service during this tour.
Guided walking tour with our experienced guide in Ohrid Old town.
Because of the religious importance and its numerous churches and monasteries,
Ohrid is also famous under the name “Macedonian Jerusalem”.
According the history facts, there used to be 365 churches – a church for each day!
In 12th century, the city was also the seat of Archbishop of Ohrid.
Since 1979 the city and the lake of Ohrid are under protection of UNESCO.
Do not miss to have a nice panoramic picture from Ohrid fortress and to visit remains of the first Slavic university in the Balkans, today founded at Holy area of Plaoshnik. You will go inside the recently rebuild Church of St Clement and pass by the unique church of St. John – Kaneo.
Finally, you will visit the cathedral church from 10th century, St. Sofia.
- The Church of Mother of God – Peribleptos (inside);
- The Roman Theater (inside)
- Tzar Samoil fortress (inside)
- The Holy area of Plaoshnik (inside)
- Remains of the first Slavic university (inside)
- The new St. Klement’s church (inside)
- Church of St. John – Kaneo (from outside)
- The Cathedral church St. Sofia (inside)
- Ohrid old town and its typical architecture
- Optional 20 min boat cruise ‘Ohrid by the lake side”, with small boat and magnificent view of the Old City.