Combination of Skopje Walking tour and visit to Matka valley
Combine Skopje walking tour with visit to Matka valley
– a unique part of nature near Skopje.
Explore the canyon filled with monasteries,
medieval ruins and natural caves by lake Matka,
Macedonia’s first artificial lake.
Do not miss to peek the entrance of cave Vrelo,
one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe.
09:00 Morning walk in the city center and Skopje Old Bazaar
with our experienced and professional tour guide.
Light walk in Skopje old bazaar, with its unique craft shops.
Visit to Kale fortress hill, with panoramic view to the old and new part of Skopje
and later on inside visit to Mother Teresa memorial house.
At 11 o’clock you will be picked up by our driver to visit Matka valley.
A lot of possibilities here to escape from the city life
– you can take a boat trip to the entrance of cave Vrelo or alternatively,
hop aboard a kayak or raft and see the canyon by water.
Or simply you can walk along the lake and enjoy the nature.
Coffee break at nearby restaurant and back to Skopje.
Some of the sights you will see and visit:
- Memorial house of Mother Teresa (inside) and her statue at the main pedestrian zone in Skopje;
- Gate Macedonia and the main square in Skopje;
- The Fountain and the sculpture of The Warrior on Horse representing Alexander the Great;
- Remains of Old Skopje railway station, today the City museum (from outside);
- The Macedonian parliament and the park dedicated to a woman;
- The Stone bridge – symbol of Skopje;
- The new Archaeological museum (from outside);
- The Museum of Macedonian struggle (from outside) and the Holocaust museum (from outside)
- Old Skopje Bazaar with its unique architecture and craftsman shops
- Church of St Spas (The Holy Salvation) from outside
- Skopje Fortress Kale (inside);
- Matka valley and Matka lake;
This tour is listed on